Wilma E. Lacy
Mrs. Lacy was a charter member of Beta Zeta Zeta Chapter in 1943. She was one of the first African American women to serve as a pharmacist in Cincinnati. A longtime resident of Avondale, she was active in many civic and community organizations. She believed in using her talents for those “who were yet to bloom.” This scholarship is awarded to the woman who pursues a 4-yearcollege degree 10 years or more after high school graduation.
• Be an African American female senior, graduating from a high school in the
Greater Cincinnati area
• Plan to attend an accredited 4-year college or university in the Fall 2024
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
• Complete an online application (scholarship tab) at cincinnatizetas.org
• Submit an official sealed transcript via the U.S. Mail
• Have submitted (2) letters of recommendation on official letterhead, 1. from
a teacher or guidance counselor AND 2. from a faith or community leader,
employer or comparable person, attesting to your leadership and
community service experience.
The award recipient will receive notification via email and U.S. Mail, no later than April 1, 2024. Recipients or their representatives are expected to participate in an official public presentation of the scholarship, on Saturday, June 8, 2024. They must also submit a current photograph and photo release.
2. TIPS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
1. Review and complete all application requirements.
2. Complete the entire application. If a field is not applicable, indicate using
the capital letters ‘NA’.
3. Provide the most informative answers possible. For example, instead of
4. writing ‘member’ of the Girl Scouts, include that you served as a ‘troop
leader’s assistant” or that you received special recognition for service or
5. Make sure your name is on all documents.
6. Proofread all documents.
7. Submit all requested information by the deadline.
QUESTIONS?: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. and their immediate family members
are ineligible to apply. (Immediate family members include a spouse, child,
parent, sister, cousin, niece, grandparent, grandchild, step-parent, step-child,
or step-sister of the member.)
TO APPLY FOR THE 2024 WEL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP, CLICK HERE.